The best fashion tip I can give you is something I tell my clients.
“Fashion is not about the clothes you wear.
It’s about expressing who you really are.
So, dress from the inside out.”
When you dress from the inside out, it’s important to ask yourself: what do I want people to know about me without saying a word?
Use color to highlight your best features and send a message that you know yourself well enough to pick the best colors. When you wear colors that complement your skin tone you will look:
- More Energetic
How many times have you asked someone if she is feeling ill, when in reality, all that is wrong is the color she’s wearing!
Here’s an example of a former client of mine wearing the wrong color
Here she is wearing the right color, looking radiant and confident!
“A man has his clothes made to fit him;
a woman makes herself fit her clothes.” – Edgar Watson Howe
Women, we can learn something from men’s fashion. Men keep it simple and stylish. What’s simpler than a suit? Tailoring a suit to make it fit a man’s body is a given. Make a statement with the perfect fit, fine fabric and a pop of color in the shirt and tie.
Quality, color, fit, and style.
Accessories Polish Your Look
What can you do with a scarf? Hmmmmm…..let’s see:
- Keeps your neck warm on a frosty night
- Adds a punch of color to an otherwise neutral outfit
- Good for hiding a drip of salad dressing on your blouse
- Wrap it around your face to create mystery and allure
A good accessory for a man is a tie that marries his suit to his shirt, and provides a pop of color and sophistication. For a woman, shoes can express her sexy, fun side. An artfully crafted wide copper bracelet says artsy and interesting.
Confidence Pulls It All Together
“Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.” — Lao-Tzu, Tao Te Ching
How do you start gaining confidence?
- Trust your gut — do you rely on other peoples’ opinions or do you follow your instincts and do what feels right for you?
- Gain self knowledge — the more you know about your coloring, your body shape (without judgment please!), and more importantly, what matters to you and brings you joy, the more confidence you will gain.
- Be authentic — no more faking it! Be exactly who you are twenty-four hours a day and you will decrease your stress and increase your joy. Celebrate who you are.
- Dress from the inside out — learn about the colors and styles that create a harmonious look and express who you really are. Then, walk into a room and OWN it!